Category: News & Events
The Countryside Stewardship grant scheme is now offering an air quality grant to help reduce the ammonia emissions from slurry produced by housed livestock. The grant is a capital item and offers £72 per m2 and is only eligible for farmers across England. The application window for the grant opened in February and will close at the end of April 2021.
For eligibility, the following is required;
- Purchase and install low ammonia emission flooring, this includes grooved rubber flooring and shaped, slotted, sloping and profiled floors
- Fit the flooring into the dimensions of the area covers to match the gaps of the slatted floors
- The flooring must be suitable for retro-fitting or replacement of solid concrete floors
- The chosen product must have ammonia emission under 9.5kg, be effective in separating urine from faeces and be suitable for the amount of slurry produced
- Before installation, the floor should be steam cleaned and stretched to avoid bubbling
To receive the grant, you must send the following;
- Written support from a CSF officer
- Photographs of the site during the different stages, before the works took place and when the product is installed
- Receipted invoices or bank statements
- Product technical specification indicating evidence of ammonia emission reduction
For more information on the grant go to https://www.gov.uk/countryside-stewardship-grants/aq2-low-ammonia-emission-flooring-for-livestock-buildings
Our Magellan rubber flooring is the ideal product for the grant. It is a 25mm thick roll of rubber with grooves 20mm deep and 25mm wide running the same directing of the alleyway and scraper. The rubber is reinforced with textile to maintain stability. The top surface has a small stud and little channels at a 6% slope directed towards the grooves. Our Magellan rubber flooring reduces injury, reduces infection by 50%, improves grip and reduces ammonia by 40%. It can be installed in New and existing buildings and the rubber is fixed to the concrete using concrete fixings.
For more information on our Magellan product go to https://www.teemoreengineering.com/mattresses/magellan-groove.php or call a member of our sales team on +44 (0)28 6774 8377