Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Location: Head Office, Knockaraven, Teemore, Derrylin, Co. Fermanagh
We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our Head Office. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce metal products according to customer specifications
- Fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment through the use of welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools
- Consult technical drawings and sketches in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification
- Set up, operate and maintain welding equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Operate various machinery/equipment to prepare parts for welding
- Align components using callipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Monitor work environment for hazards
- Comply with Health and Safety procedures including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, callipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills are essential to work with team members and converse with customers and clients
- Proficient in English
- Professional Certification would be advantageous
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of your role.
How to apply
Download the application and monitoring form below, fill it in and post it back to us.